Monday, April 26, 2010

Olympic Day - A Heiskell Tradition


Friday was Olympic Day at our school. It is quite possibly one of my favorite days of the entire school year, I love it! The morning begins with opening ceremonies, followed by flags, and a torch runner.

The 8th graders are the flag bearers, what an honor! I think the school flag is a favorite. Each grade level chooses a torch runner, who hands the torch off to the next person. The entire school comes out to see this special moment. Even the pre-schoolers can be seen cheering for the athletes!
After the opening ceremonies, we get to hear the famous words shouted by Coach, "Let the games begin!"

The students had so much fun, and our class did a wonderful job of encouraging each other and working well together as a team. I was so proud of them. What fun memories we are making in this special place! I wouldn't trade it!

No comments:

Post a Comment